Saturday, May 30, 2009

Home Again!



We made it to New Jersey and back in one piece! Kate was GREAT for both flights (considering delays both ways!) and even was allowed to get a picture with the pilot when we arrived back in Atlanta.

For those of you that didn't know, my cousin Kerri got married last Saturday so we left last Friday evening for the wedding. The wedding was Perfect, Beautiful, and Amazing. Kerri looked like a princess and the entire day was seamless. Altogether, we spent six days in New Jersey (one we spent mostly in Philadelphia) and had a great time seeing TONS of family!
With all the craziness of having a baby out-of-town at a wedding, I didn't manage to get any good pictures from the wedding or family reunion (my dad's side) but I'm counting on my mom's camera (and family forwards) and will post those as soon as I have them.

In the meantime, like I said, we spent ALMOST all our time in Jersey with family but we did manage to pack a little extra in with a day to see Historic Philadelphia and took Kate to the Children's museum.

I took a TON of pictures so I promise I'm only posting my favorites. Enjoy! ~Michele

Keeping a 14 month old busy in a hotel for three days: (not easy but our morning runs seemed to help wear her out! :o))


The day after Kerri's wedding was the reunion which got a late start. Francisco got creative with our left over bubbles from the wedding and this managed to keep Kate happy for a while!

Philadelphia from the car:
Kate rarely does ANYTHING without a book so here she is reading on the way to Philly:
Fran and Kate in front of Independence Hall! We even got to say the pledge of allegiance in front of it during a flag changing session...did I mention we went on Memorial Day! It was so cool to be apart of it!

Philadelphia was full of old classic historical buildings so we took it as a perfect time for a photo session with Kate :o)







Francisco nor I, had ever seen the Liberty Bell so we were VERY excited. Kate was not nearly as excited as we were which you can see as she tries to jump out of my arms in this picture.

We actually got to see this statue of Ben Franklin in the Franklin Institute on accident when we got lost trying to find the Children's Museum. The picture does not do justice to just how Massive this statue was!


Kate was a good sport to try on some of these hats so we could try to fit in with the locals! Ha!
I loved this hat on her! Look out Betsy Ross! :o)


I'll add pictures from the children's museum and the families tomorrow!
Love,
Michele

No comments: