Sunday, May 10, 2009

Part 1 of My Mother's Day...my kitchen upgrade


These are the pictures of what the kitchen used to look like before Fran Fixed it!!! My amazing husband has heard me moan and groan FOREVER about how I hate my kitchen.  From the moment we bought our house we knew that we wanted to upgrade our kitchen but knowing how costly new floors, cabinets, appliances, and even changing the layout can be, we've been slow in our changes.  The kitchen still has a LONG way to go but this temporary fix has made me breath SO much easier.  The linoleum had a patch missing from an early Marley temper-tantrum from when she was a puppy.  The breakfast bar area had no linoleum since it was a pantry when we bought the house.  

My eat-in kitchen before...


AFTER!!!  (I also missed getting a picture of the table and chairs BEFORE the change.  Francisco took them apart, sanded, re-stained, and his mom reupholstered the chairs!  Thanks you guys!)

The former pantry/future breakfast bar before....


AFTER!!!  



My galley kitchen before...
My galley kitchen AFTER!!! (you can see one of the BEFORE chairs)


I had an AMAZING Mother's day sharing my MUCH improved kitchen with my family and Francisco's family.  My husband made this day SO special, I truly am so blessed.  Kate was way to overwhelmed to whip out a Happy Mom Day for her grandmothers but Ms. Judy had her say it for me Friday when I picked her up so I'll say that counts.  Of course it went...
MJ(miss judy): Happy
Kate: Happy 
MJ: Mom
Kate: Mom
MJ: Day
Kate: Deee

Close enough!  She also scribbled on a card which was pretty special and you know I'll be scrap-booking that right away.  

I hope all my mommy friends had AMAZING Mother's Day's as well.  I am so thankful to be surrounded by such wonderful friends and family to guide me through being a mom and know that I couldn't do it without everyone's advice, support, encouragement, and love.  Thank you to ALL!  Much Love Always, Michele




No comments: