(a few pictures from Kate at school this past fall)
As a Mom, I would LOVE to be a stay-at-home mom. Those of you that are, I envy you. Those of you that aren't I understand but think that no matter what your situation is, as long as your baby is loved and knows it, that's what matters.
Kate is fortunate enough to go to a "saint" in my opinion, Ms. Judy. Ms. Judy keeps four other children (all 2 year olds except Kate) in her home, while homeschooling her two older children. How does she do it? I don't know but she does and she does it well. :o> Everyone has their own "lovies", routines, and agendas and Ms. Judy handles all of it like a champ. She of course would never say that because like I said, she's a saint, but I feel so blessed to know that Kate is with such an amazing person.
I am so impressed with Ms. Judy and Kate's "school" I thought I'd share a little bit about it. Over the past few months Ms. Judy has started introducing curriculum to the kids and I LOVE it. Did I mention she was a former elementary teacher? Of course I'm sure 98% of it goes right over Kate's head but for the past two months Kate and her friends have studied two new colors each week, shared toys from home that were that color, and dressed in the color of the day. I love it because I love picking out the "perfect" outfit for school the next day and it makes me feel a little more involved in Kate's day away from me. Now that colors are over Ms. Judy has moved on to themes and last week was Noah's Ark. The kids learned about Animal babies and their moms, sinking and floating, and reviewed all the colors in God's rainbow. I wish I could be there with her each day and am counting down the days until summer (12 school days, 16 days) but since I can't I know that this is the best place for her and am so thankful for Ms. Judy.
Here is a picture of Kate in the outfit I picked for "sinking & floating" day: (there are ducks in the water on the bottom of her dress!)

Animal Dress as she continues to learn about the animals on the ark:
No comments:
Post a Comment