Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Please Touch Museum!


Okay so I said I'd update you on the Museum but life happens and a few days later HERE IT IS! This was definitely one of MY most favorite parts of our trip. Here is a little background as to why we HAD to go to the museum. When I was around 11 I lived with my aunt and uncle for a summer and went to a children's museum in Boston. I had THE best time there and have not stopped talking about it since. Crazy, right? So I've told Francisco that I loved that experience so much that I want Kate to experience LOTS of children's museums. They are SO much fun, and educational, its a no-brainer for me. Next, one of my guiltiest pleasures is the show Jon and Kate plus 8 (Kate was NOT named for her by the way, that's just a coincidence). Well, on the show they actually went to this museum and when I realized we were so close to it, I HAD to go! I'm aware that Kate will surely NOT remember this trip but the pictures and videos we took will help to fill in those memories. The smiles, laughs, and feelings Fran and I had are worth more than any price tag could print. Soo... here are some of my favorites. (okay its a LOT but I couldn't resist, I assure, I eliminate a LOT! )

Kate and I upon entering the "Rainforest-river" part of the museum, This picture shows a good bit of the just how giant this area is with watertables but it still can't do this place justice.
Francisco and Kate smile at one of the water tables. Francisco said this part of our trip was COMPLETELY for me...but if you check both their smiles in this picture, I think he and Kate had a good time too:o) (Kate especially loved the ducks in this thing, Duck is a favorite word of hers!)

Kate LOVED this slide! We have like ten pictures of her on this!


Kate was SO excited at this point (about 1o minutes into our visit) she would not stop running and laughing!
This was in the "Rhythm" part of the rainforest. Kate didn't understand how several of the instruments worked but she liked this one!


Fairytale Land had this silly boat with a captins wheel. Kate liked this one so much she really did not want to leave it.
My little climber was ALL ABOUT the book matteress. She climbed them with absolutely NO help and you can tell how happy she was once she got to the top! Such a show off!

This is Kate on another slide, this one is the rabbit hole slide from Alice in Wonderland. The Museum had a mini town with all kinds of realistic shops. This picture is from the Medical Center. In case Kate decides to go into medicine, I had to get some early Dr. Rosales pictures! :o>

Here she is checking on the other babies in medical center.

We went shopping in the mini grocery store (this girl is CRAZY with a shopping cart!). In the Fantasy Flight part of the museum Kate ADORED this tunnel space ship. She loved hearing her echo inside and would Giggle like crazy as she crawled to whatever side of the tunnel I was NOT at. Stinker!

Letting her go!
Laughing her head off getting away from me!





Okay, so to wrap it all up our last stop was this cool replica of the statue of liberty's torch. Its made up of recycled toys. I didn't get a picture of the actual torch we went up in (its on the brochure that I put in her scrapbook) but Fran got this one when we were done. Its definitely a keeper and our Favorite!


Ha! This one still makes me laugh!

I hope you liked all the pictures and got a feel for how fun this part of our trip was. I HIGHLY recommend it to all. Much Love~ Michele


No comments: