Monday, June 15, 2009

Kate speaks a third language!!!

Okay so I always share with you guys how smart my little lulu is but this weekend Kate was really in her element. We spent an incredible Saturday with good friends Miss Mendy, Emma Kate, and Alden. Mendy was the Matron of Honor in my wedding and is one of my best friends. We decided to get the kiddos together and go to a Dairy Farm. Kate loves the cows in her books so I thought this might be a big hit. Well...that was understatement. From the moment Kate saw the calfs (the first part of our tour) Kate was completely in her element yelling "MOO" over our kind speakers and the rest of the group. Yes, Kate's 3rd language seems to be Cow. Oh well, the cows seemed to understand. :o) So the overall trip was a success, granted Mendy and I were blessed with Emma Kate's help in trying to constantly wrangle our two toddlers (Alden is about 19 months so he was a little mature in staying with the group) but Mendy and I had our hands FULL. Mendy of course was so the Mom Pro whipping out Grahm Crackers for the kids at just the moment when Kate was ready for a melt down in the middle of the bottling lesson (I guess a tour is a bit much for a one year old but I just want to do so much with her). In the end, Kate got to experience cows and friends and I got to see a wonderful friend that lives 2 hours aways! Oh how I LOVE my summers!


We also got to spend the late afternoon and evening with Uncle Michael which was a treat. We told Uncle Michael all about the cows and had a great time just catching up. We love you Uncle Michael.


Here are a few pictures I got at the dairy:

This started our tour. A border collie named "Tib" actually hearded the cows down a hill and past the whole group. I was amazed at how fast the cows moved. It was very "City Slickers" to me! Kate is trying to flee my arms to see the cows. I'm not sure you can tell but I ACTUALLY managed to get a little sprig of hair up in a bow for the first few minutes of our adventure! I also looked hard through her closet to find some farm appropriate clothes. :o>


Mendy and her adorable two Kiddos Alden and Emma Kate. Alden was very sweet with Kate and Emma was such a GREAT helper. Mendy has done SUCH a good job with them. :o)

Our group shot! The calf behind us was actually trying to EAT my diaper bag which explains my face and Kate's interest with the cow. :0)
Kate loved this little calf. She mooed to this one a LOT but whenever it would get close enough for her to either feed or touch she would back up quick! Such a scardy cat. Love her!




This is a picture I took of Uncle Michael and Kate a few weeks ago but had to show off "Kate's" Uncle Michael.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of your adventure. It looks like so much fun!

Mendy said...

We had a great time with y'all. Let's do it again soon!! Love you!