Sunday, June 28, 2009

5 Years and Counting!

June 25th, 2004




Although this is Kate's blog, I wanted to share with you guys what a wonderful anniversary I had and what a wonderful husband I have. This past Thursday Francisco and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary! We both can't get over the fact that it has been 5 years but both of us realize that although that seems like a lot to us now, how short that is in the grand scheme of things. We both feel blessed to be where we are today, and wish all our friends and family the same happiness.

With Francisco's summer painting job we were not able to celebrate big on our actually anniversary date but had an AMAZING weekend this weekend at Chateau Elan! We went on a wine tour and tasting when we arrived, followed that with a phenomenal couples massage, had a romantic dinner where we ate entirely too much. We then had a GREAT time at a little Irish Pub named "Paddy's" that was on the Chateau grounds, and slept in the next morning until 9 am! Yes, this was our 1st time leaving Kate and although I knew that she would be in great hands with her Abu and Poochi, I was still nervous. Of course Kate helped me feel better about this by behaving Wonderfully and had a great time according to her grandparents. In the end we will definitely have to do this again, and agreed time with just eachother is just too important. Here are the few pictures I managed to get with my phone. I accidently left my camera at home so we were at a loss for pictures. Francisco got two very dark pictures of us at dinner on his phone(no flash on these phones...grrr!) but I'm hoping I can fix them at the photo kiosk for our scrapbook.








Arriving at the Chateau, it was SO beautiful. You can't see all the grapevines off to the sides but was like a movie. :o)A closer view!





Paddy's was SO much fun! I recommend this little place to anyone, the welcoming atmosphere was perfect and just our speed. :o>


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats on 5 years! Marc and I hit that milestone in April. Kate is so precious!! I will be "following" your blog now! We have one for Ethan I'd love for you to check out.


http://ethanspector.blogspot.com/


~Amanda

Kevin said...

Congratulations guys!