Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What a GREAT weekend?!

My little Kangaroo!
Well, Its Tuesday and the first chance I've had to post some of our fun pictures from this weekend. Of course I only have pictures from Sunday and will just have to fill you in on the rest.
Saturday we had a nice family day of just running errands and ended the day with Kate attending her friend Rhiannon's 2nd birthday pool party! Kate had a BLAST at the party and Rhiannon and her mom were the perfect hostesses. This was Kate's 2nd time in a big pool and although she is still pretty much stuck to me like glue she did attempt a float for a minute or two (much longer than our last attempt). The girls were so sweet together eating dinner at the kiddie picnic table and sharing sippy cups! I tried to control it but kids are quick! If Heather sends me any pictures I'll be sure to add them later. :o>

Sunday we took Kate to the Atlanta Zoo for the first time. We had a LATE start trying to organize our big group and didn't actually get inside the park until around 1 (without a nap!). I was convinced Kate would fall asleep while we were there but this girl was a trooper and gave it her all non-stop until we left at 5! She absolutely LOVED all the animals nearly jumping out of her stroller to wave and yell "Hi!" in her sweet scratchy voice to the giraffes. She waved and said hi to nearly all the animals and often made their specific animal noises for them. :o> She even got down her monkey sound... it was a few minutes after we left the monkey house that we heard Kate babbling from her stroller "Oh, Ah, Oh, Ah" when we realized what she was doing! She went nose to nose with a sheep at the petting zoo yelling "Baa!" and I think perfect strangers were doubled over laughing at the site! To say the trip was a success would be an understatement. We will definitely go back again soon. (I'm thinking in the fall, this place is HOT!) However, I have learned a few things from this whole experience:

1. Despite a large group, always allow a toddler to nap before a big trip.
2. Try to go early in the summer, it is INSANELY hot and a water and coke cost $8 together at the zoo.
3. Pack a big cooler of drinks for grownups, not just the toddler (see #2).
4. Get as many pictures and videos as you can, this age is to priceless!
A family picture! Kate was SO tired here. She loved all the animal statues, I think almost as much as the animals! :o>
Watching the gorillas!
My little lion! :o>
Kate and I in front of the lion's den, these things sleep ALL the time!

One of the beautiful panda cubs!

The cutest pandas I saw all day!


Feeding the parakeets with Abu! :o>Francisco made a sweet new friend. This goat LOVED him so much that he was still eyeballing Fran when we were leaving! Ha!Kate LOVED the petting zoo! I'm just not sure how much the animals loved all of her love! ;o>Having Fun!
Cute Cousins!
As for Monday we took it slow in the morning and met up with Kate's cousins again to go to the local water park that we went to back at the beginning of the summer. Angela took pictures since I left my camera in the car, I'll post those when I get them :). Kate was MUCH more into the whole experience this time but the weather was not on our side. An hour into our visit the clouds covered the sun and my sweet baby started shivering. I tried to warm her up right away and change her but despite my best efforts she woke up with an even scratchier voice and sniffles this morning. I feel horrible about it. I pray that this little cold passes quick, especially with me going back to work Monday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SO FUN! We hopefully plan to go to the zoo soon.. I'm thinking fall after seeing your post. Looks like y'all had a blast!