Wednesday, July 15, 2009

This Wednesday's Adventure-Wildlife Preserve!


Wednesday's seem to be our big days this summer. This Wednesday Kate, Grandma, and I all went to the local wildlife preserve that is only 30 minutes from our house! (Papi had to work) Francisco and I have lived in our town for the last 5 plus years and had NO idea that this place even existed! Fortunately, our good friends the Hornick's told us about this place and with Kate's love of animals this was a perfect fit! We had a GREAT time with Grandma and although we were all too tired and hot to finish the entire park we saw tons and had so much fun. Here are some of the great things we saw.

A Ring-tailed Lemur was one of the first animals we met. Notice that it has the SAME busy table Kate used to play with! Ha!
Beware! When you offer to feed a hungry Zebra, they will run straight up to you (My Eyes were HUGE as this beautiful creature came running up to me!). Grandma had Kate and I think they were scared too! The good news was that he was SO nice.

Grandma, such the preschool teacher, talking to the animals and introducing Kate to them! :o>


Teaching Kate a few things about Zebras.
Beautiful Siberian Tigers and Bears...oh my! :o>

Here is a quick video of Kate in front of the lion's cage. Kate loves lions in her books and this one was so disappointing doing nothing but wagging its tail. Its not the greatest video but I love Kate's Roar at the beginning (you can ignore the rest). :o>

Overall we saw a lot of animals (I didn't want to overload anyone with ALL the animal pictures). Kate really had a great time and I can't wait to take her to the BIG Zoo in Atlanta in few weeks. Making the most of our summer and my sweet girl! "I, you Kate!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HOW FUN! I love the pictures. I think Madison would love to go. I'm hoping to get her to the zoo soon. I can't believe that place is 5 minutes from you.

Mendy said...

How wonderful!!! I hope she continues to love animals. Emma Kate - not so much. We took her to the Atlanta zoo when she was about 3. She walked in and said, "Mommy this place stinks (smells)" and was very uninterested the rest of the trip!