Wow, well SO much has been happening here I haven't even had a chance to blog! Francisco got back from his trip LATE Monday night and on Tuesday he was able to catch up with his sister and her girls who have been here since last Wednedsday. Kate was SO happy to have her Papi home that she let out one of her famous high pitched squeals of excitement when she saw him late Tuesday morning. Kate is also LOVING having her cousins here from Mexico and I'm amazed at how much her vocabulary keeps growing. Mariana and Elena speak spanish so Kate seems to be teaching them a little English and they seem to be teaching her more Spanish! Mariana now knows "Potty" & "Poop" thanks to Kate's potty training and Kate now says "Vamos" (we go) when she's ready to go to a new activity! They are all so sweet together. Of course my friend Shelby made a great point in her blog about how IMPOSSIBLE it is to get a great picture of three kids but I've tried my best and I'll post those.
Greeting her cousin Mariana (Prima, en Espanol). Kate gave her SEVERAL sweet hugs the night they arrived!
A hug from Tia Angela (Aunt- is Tia in spanish). Kate is holding the playdough rolling pin we gave her cousins (she doesn't totally understand the GIVING part of giving yet :>).
Francisco's grandmother is also in town from Colombia for a few weeks so here is a picture of Kate with her "Bisa" (Bisabuela is great grandmother in Spanish). Kate's first time at Monkey Joe's! We thought going with cousins might encourage her to have fun and not be afraid. In the first picture you can see her apprehenison. Fortunately her cousins did the trick and after about 3 minutes of warming up, Kate had a blast. Of course her Papi had to help her and I think he had some fun to! I apologize for the horrible blur in several, these were taken from my phone and everything at Monkey Joe's is moving so no luck on a good phone picture. The better ones are from Francisco's brother's camera. Thanks Tio Juani!



Finally on Wednesday Kate and I went with her Abu, Pochi, Tia Angela, Tio Juani, Mariana, and Elena to Atlanta's children's museum, "Imagine It!". Yup, Atlanta has a children's museum and I didn't even know it until my visiting sister-in-law read about it in a magazine! We wish Francisco could have joined us but he had to work. I promised him that I would take plenty of pictures while we were there. Here are a few:

Finally on Wednesday Kate and I went with her Abu, Pochi, Tia Angela, Tio Juani, Mariana, and Elena to Atlanta's children's museum, "Imagine It!". Yup, Atlanta has a children's museum and I didn't even know it until my visiting sister-in-law read about it in a magazine! We wish Francisco could have joined us but he had to work. I promised him that I would take plenty of pictures while we were there. Here are a few:

We have a BUSY schedule between now and back to school so I'll try to keep up with my posts. I want to make each minute count so be prepared for more picture overloads like these. Much Love to EVERYONE and ENJOY the summer before its gone! ~Michele
1 comment:
LOVE all the photos.. is that little girl the one that was a baby when you got married??? She was at your rehearsal dinner??
Thanks for the shout out! :)
Post a Comment