Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Library and Horses!


Well, as I rush to get in every last second before I go back to work Monday and before Francisco's sister leaves we've been busy. Yesterday Angela recommended that we take the girls to the public library. I have taken Kate to the library once before for a mommy and me "sit and read" that was in a room full of mommies and toddlers. There was singing and toys for all so it was a great experience. This time I was nervous, Kate is wonderful and loves books but she also loves to yell names and get attention from everyone. Angela assured me that she has taken both her girls since they were younger than Kate and that by going often they have come to love the library. It made sense but I was still nervous. Well..... it was great! Of course there were a few mommy/kate chases and several "Shhhhs!" but over all Kate did well. I had no idea that they had toys at the library in the children's section! There were puppets, puzzels, alphabet magnets, board books, and more! We were seperate from the main library so noise wasn't as big of a concern as I thought. I hope to take Kate more to the library on the weekends now that I know how great it is. I didn't want to cause a scene so I just snagged this picture quick when we first got there! :o>





Today we went for a few hours this afternoon to my friend Michele's house. (I know, great name right?) Michele works with me at school and taught next to me a few years ago. Michele manages to juggle six amazing kids (seriously, they are some of the most polite and nice teenagers I know), I think 6 horses, a cat, and a dog. She has always said that I can bring Kate by to feed and see her horses so I took her up on it today. She, Lauren (one of her daughter's who I know from school), and Bill (one of her son's) were excellent hosts helping Kate and Elena with feeding and riding the horses. Mariana didn't feel good so she didn't go but we hope to go again once more before the girls leave to go back to Mexico. Elena was a natural riding the mule with perfect balance. Kate was her typical self, waving and saying hi to the horses then "naying". She cracks me up. She was okay petting the horses and even liked feeding them by the end of our visit. She however did NOT want to ride the mule. We tried several times but this girl wasn't having it. Hopefully over time she'll come around to the idea. Here are a few pictures from our adventure. THANKS MICHELE!!!! (yes, she spells it just like me too!)

Elena, Lauren, and May the Mule!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I so need to check out the library! Love Kate's outfit.. perfect for the "farm!"