Tuesday, November 23, 2010

This and that since the last :)

So I like to think of myself as a "multi-tasker" but the sad truth is that I'm just scattered. I love to do a million things but staying consistent on any one thing is my down fall. I have taken on a new job this year at work while still doing my current teaching job that now requires a weekly blog too. One would think that I'd post to both blogs in the same night but... it doesn't happen. Instead, I watch junk TV on the couch with my sweet hubby and unwind from all my "multi-tasking" pronounced "scatterdness". (not a word, spellcheck confirmed it)
None the less, Kate is still our world and keeps us laughing and playing non-stop. With age she has gotten easier with physical needs...diapering, feeding, holding, getting in and out the car seat, etc. And yet much more demanding with activities and things to do....play dough playing, cutting, coloring, playing dolls, playing kitchen, puzzles, reading books, cooking in the REAL kitchen, etc. I continue to watch her personality and imagination grow and feel so blessed to be a part of it all. So, here is a little updated sharing.
Officially changed the crib to a "big girl bed" (toddler bed).
No more changing pad...100% diaper free!And as of last weekend...Paci free too!!!
Kate went to 4 fall festivals this year and LOVED them!
Okay, maybe she didn't love the fish ride. Poor thing! Yes, they stopped the ride for her.Loved riding the horses like a big girl! We actually went to this festival twice that weekend.We took Kate to Fernbank Museum for the Water Exhibit...and had just a LOT of fun! :)We made a trip to Grandma's and had a blast making cookies!Kate attended her first princess party...hysterical to watch hair, makeup, nails, and a catwalk with my two year old. Fortunately she was only into the nail polish so I think I have a few more years! :)We celebrated Halloween with Kate this year with her first ever Trick or treating! 1st stop-Abu and Poochi's can you see how happy she was!My attempt/Francisco's attempt at getting creative with Kate's class party. Got this idea off my friend Shelby's blog and added the stem! :)Pre- Class Halloween Parade/Trick-or-treating! 3 tinkerbells, a little mermaid, a belle, a snow white and a pirate...SUPER sweet group!After the parade...Kate could not put down the chapstick she got! First Hayride, that night before Trunk-or-treating...Loving a bunny at Trunk-or-treating :)1st Smores ever this past weekend!First Braid! I did it for today's class party...unfortunately boredom in the car trip killed it.Kate loved the chocolate pilgrim hat cookies that Caleb's mom made!Kate's Ms. Sarah!
Kate's Ms. Katy!
Happy, Happy, Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! :)




2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet Michele!! Can you come potty train my child? I miss you!

Mendy said...

I can't believe Kate is old enough to have worn a dress for 3 years!! I miss you!! Let's get together soon. Maybe over the Christmas break???