Saturday, February 6, 2010

First Hair Cut!!!

Kate has officially had her first hair cut! I dreaded this day but knew that it was inevitable and decided to take her on Wednesday. Kate is the spitting image of Francisco in pretty much every department except for hair. She has my baby fine, barely there hair. Although in my pictures it seems like its growing a lot, what I disguise is that only the back seems to be growing. "Business in the front, party in the back" was not a description of Kate's hair that I felt comfortable with so it was time. My friend Stephanie (Jack's mom) recommended a kid friendly hair studio not too far from us and WOW were they perfect!

Here is how our adventure went....

1st excited discussing Kate's haircut on the way


Next, the realization of being in an unfamiliar place...Kate fell to pieces.
(you can see her pitiful tear and poor stringy hair)

Kate is immediately sat in a firetruck greeted with icecream cone shaped bubbles, racing school buses, a cartoon on TV, and a hairstylist that would stop briefely to pop a bubble just to make Kate laugh!


Final product, A HAPPY little girl who forgot she was getting her haircut but loved it so much she told EVERYONE about it when she left! (the dog, my mom's dog, her grandparents, Uncle Michael, Uncle Michael's cat, you get the point)


Hopefully the legends are true and this is what Kate needed for that beautiful thick head of hair!? I'll keep my fingers crossed. :o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I know Madison's is coming soon!!!