
So I have always heard the expressions "terrible twos" and "terrific twos" and even used the terrific in Kate's birthday post but after just a few days of being a summertime stay-at-home mom I'd like to add "tiring twos" to the list. Of course its the best tired in the world but seriously?! I have Kate in toddler gymnastics once a week now and next week will be a whirl wind with music camp and swim lessons but this week its pretty much just home time which I have come to find out is exhausting. I am in sheer awe of all those mommies that do this with more than 1 and only hope that some day when Kate has a sibling, that they'll entertain eachother...am I right?
So here is the play-by-play of yesterday....
Jungle Pancakes

Art Project (I get emails from a website that gives developmental suggestions...they said at Kate's age she needs to be sorting...so to worth with my cheap and practical side, we sorted fruit loops) Once the colors were sorted we glued them to make a picture. This ended up being more me than Kate to keep her from eating all of them so I recommend holding off a little on the gluing in case you decide to try.


Next came...lunch, nap (I caught up on house stuff...should have napped too!), water table, ball rolling, dinner, and finally running like mad at Chick-fil-a. We have discovered that this free little piece of heaven lets Kate wear herself out better than anything we can come up with. So... here's to another day in the terrific, and oh so tiring twos. Good thing I love it! :o)
2 comments:
Looks like y'all had a fun day! Great activities.. I may need to steal those!
Thomas and I want to come and play with you!
Post a Comment