Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A GREAT Long Labor Day Weekend!



As I've mentioned before I love my job, but I love my baby more and these long weekends definitely keep me going! We had a wonderful three day weekend this past weekend where we tried to as always pack in as much as possible (of course allowing for naps :o>). Friday night we played at home, spent Saturday day and night at my mom and dads, spent Sunday at the park, and Monday at the Aquarium! Kate is growing to be more and more her own GREAT little person with a sweet nature, funny sense of humor, and personality that lights up a room. She is still giving one word responses, lists things, and loves to point out things ...but I can't wait for the day that we have great little conversations. I know she has so much to tell ...I just can't wait to hear it. So here are some of my favorites from this weekend.

Friday- Here is Kate playing with her balloon from the Dentist we went to on Thursday. Kate has a super thick "frenum" (that muscle that connects your top lip to your gums) so we had a consultation with a pediatric dentist. He said this was pretty normal and may possibly tear on its own. For now he wants us just to watch it and come back in a year. Overall we had a great visit in a super kid oriented office and Kate has yet to stop talking about "Dentist" and "Balloon". (PS. Can you tell how tall she's getting?!)
Saturday- We spent the day at my mom and dad's while Francisco helped cheer on the Auburn War Eagles to one of their many victories for the year. :o> Kate can now climb up in the recliners in the theater room and has even discovered their TV. I'm still not a TV fan but have just recently started to let her watch a little Elmo most days.


Marley of course, kept getting company in any chair she would pick first. Check out Grandpa in the back of the picture below! Ha! :o>

Sunday- Kate tried on the new shirt her dad brought back to her and we had a BALL in a park a few minutes from our house. Of course Francisco and I were convinced she'd love the jungle jim and slides. She did love them but the sidewalk paintings were her favorite! You never know with kids! :o>





Monday- The Georgia Aquarium! We told Kate the night before and all morning that we were going to the aquarium to see the fish. She gave us a typical look of thought without a word. We knew she didn't understand but you can't blame me for trying. When we got there though it was all worth it. Within the first few seconds of entering Kate saw all the fish and started squatting, squealing, pointing, and yelling "FISH!" for all to hear. Strangers were even laughing and it set the tone for our great trip.





School pictures to come tomorrow!!! :o>

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First of all.. YOU LOOK GREAT! AND little LuLu is precious as always. I'm with you on the TV, but Madison also gets to watch "Moe" a few times a week. It helps me to get dressed! I miss you.. I so need to write you back! LOVE YOU!