Friday night we were lucky enough to join our good friends Shumbe, Sara, and Marley for dinner. Shumbe and I went to school together but we became good family friends when Francisco and Shumbe began working together a few years back. Their little girl Marley is 4 and is SO well behaved, I am constantly asking Sara all the tricks of the trade she used with Marley so that Kate will turn out as sweet when she's older (of course Kate's wonderful now, but I always want to stay one step ahead). Here is a quick picture that I got on our way out of Chili's. :o>
On Saturday we had our BIG day! Francisco found out Elmo was coming to Atlanta a few months back and got tickets for Kate to go see her idol! We passed on the word to a few close friends and hoped for the best. One of Francisco's best friends Andrew, his wife Tiffany, and thier daughter Maggie were able to attend the same show as us! Here is the only picture I was able to get of the two girls before the show started.
This is the stage when we were on our way to our seats... Kate was still clueless at this point.
Bert and Ernie were first to come out...Kate was standing in my lap and she didn't blink! It was a stone cold look of shock but I put my hand to her chest and it was beating like CRAZY!
They did a great job slowly bringing out the characters and letting the anticipation grow. Abby was the second to last to appear and seems to be Kate's hero at the moment!!! She even took her Abby doll to school with her today! :o>
Of course ELMO was THE coolest and last to appear! All the little squeals of shock and excitement in the arena were awesome! Kate I think was in shock for almost the first 1/2 of the show.
Francisco and I took turns letting Kate stand in our laps so she could see. She clapped and pointed a lot. I was surprised she didn't say more but I guess that's how lots of us would act if we saw our idols out of no where!
The view from our seats. :o)
At intermission the lights come on and these men walk out with GIANT Elmo Balloon Bouquets! Of course every little eye in the house is on the balloons! (So completely unfair to parents) So Kate of course looks at us with the sweetest eyes in the world and points and says "Baoon?" Who could say no? A strong parent I guess but we were weak and $8 later we have a balloon!!!! I am still so embarassed that we paid $8 for a balloon.
Enjoying the show with me :o>
Our Happy Girl leaving the show!
3 minutes after we left! Priceless, right?!
We stopped at Chucky Cheese for Lunch with Maggie and her family. Kate had a blast but took her longest naps ever when she got home! I guess we over stimulated her a little but it was just so much fun! Here is Kate with the Barney ride at Chucky Chesses.<;/div>
At intermission the lights come on and these men walk out with GIANT Elmo Balloon Bouquets! Of course every little eye in the house is on the balloons! (So completely unfair to parents) So Kate of course looks at us with the sweetest eyes in the world and points and says "Baoon?" Who could say no? A strong parent I guess but we were weak and $8 later we have a balloon!!!! I am still so embarassed that we paid $8 for a balloon.
Enjoying the show with me :o>
Our Happy Girl leaving the show!
3 minutes after we left! Priceless, right?!
Sunday was nothing but resting and family. We celebrated Tio Juani's birthday and took more naps. With all the rain these days, NAPS are right up our ally! Have a great week and stay dry! ~Michele
No comments:
Post a Comment