I think this is my favorite post yet because I am still smiling while I type it. Possibly from delirium but its definitely all been worth it!
Kate turned two on Wednesday the 10th and I was determined to make the day perfect for her. I took the day off of work and Francisco got out of his evening classes so we could make the day special. We let Kate sleep in until 9 when we greeted her with singing, presents, and her very own "Dorothy". For those who watch Elmo you'll know that Dorothy is Elmo's goldfish so despite the Elmo phase starting to come to an end, Kate was THRILLED with her Dorothy. She also went crazy for her Wonderpets Flyboat (her new favorite).
Kate is saying "cheese" while she poses in front of Dorothy:-)
Once the presents were over it was time for a traditional big breakfast from Papi. Francisco makes the BEST breakfasts of scrambled eggs with tomatoes, and all sorts of tropical fruits (I think we had mango, and grapes).
Next, Kate and I left to pick up Grandma and Uncle Michael for an amazing day at the Aquarium (thanks Grandma and Grandpa). The weather was gross but it was almost forgettable with the rest of the day going so well. Kate LOVED all the fish, her 1st 3D movie, and even got to pet a sting ray before left to go home. She of course slept the whole way home telling me that she had all the fun she could. 



To wrap up perfect 2nd Birthday Kate had her Safari Party that Saturday filled with "Everybody" (according to Kate)!
The reason for the "Safari" was because the place I found had general safari theme (you can see below) and knowing that Kate loved animals, we decided to go with it...and then we REALLY went with it! :o)
Kate's Safari outfit...

The perfect safari sandwiches with William-Sonoma's Pancake Animal Shapes..
Fruit Kabobs and Animal Crackers...
A beautiful cake made by my talented friend Betsy...

And of course, the PERFECT Birthday Girl!!! (her hoodie is a monkey!)
Kate had a blast with EVERYBODY...and we all had a blast too!
Kate insisted on riding the roller coaster backwards! Papi's girl for SURE!
Maggie poses for a picture before she heads to the bounce house!
Bouncing Buddies!
Rhiannon ready to conquer the BIG slide!
Colton and his mom getting off the bouncing obstacle course and slide!
Rhiannon and Kate hanging out on the mini roller coaster!
Elizabeth and Maggie loved the train set that was there!
Happy Birthday Princess! We love you!!!
Kate's Safari outfit...
1 comment:
Such a great party! Happy Birthday little Kate! We love you so!
Post a Comment