Friday, December 4, 2009

Oh, So Thankful- Thanksgiving :o)


Time continues to fly by but I wanted to post our pictures from Thanksgiving this year. From the time I was in second grade my small immediate family has been blessed to have my Grandpa C join us for Thanksgiving each year. He came to make our every day family of 4 dinner a treat with a Turkey, family recipes handed down, and a special dinner for 5. However, the year before Francisco and I got married Grandpa had some medical issues arise and Thanksgiving got moved to his house in Daytona Beach. We have kept that tradition since and although we struggled with whether or not to go this year with our economic times and the idea of Kate in the car for EIGHT hours, we went. I am SO glad we did too. Kate was a trooper in the car and so was Francisco stopping at Chickfila's every time Kate needed a play break. It was WONDERFUL to see Grandpa (who as it turns out will turn 90 this Christmas Eve!) and for Kate to spend time with her GREAT Norm (pronounced "GREAT No -umm" by Kate!). :o)


Here is Kate checking in on Grandma and Grandpa Thanksgiving morning, ready to help cook while wearing her Turkey Headband from school ! (not a great picture but I had to capture the moment)Talking turkey with Great Norm at the kitchen table/ Norm's office :o) (again, picture quality comes 2nd to savoring the memories)Our Thanksgiving Photo Session! (It was 76 degrees there...SO nice!)



We had a VERY Thankful Thanksgiving and are so thankful for all our family and friends. May you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too! :o)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gotta Love Chick-fil-a!

Mendy said...

Love the pictures!! Kate is beautiful and getting so big!! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great Thanksgiving! I miss you guys. We need to make time to get together over Christmas!!