Saturday, November 21, 2009

November...flying by!

So....November has nearly come and gone, and this is the first chance I've had to update Kate's blog.

Here are some of the main things that have been going on...

1st My Grandpa Kamps had his Surgery and is doing great. We are still needing his leg to heal better and he still has one heart procedure to go but things are looking good. Prayers are still appreciated and I'm very thankful for all those that have been said so far. :o) Oh, and Kate now kneels to say prayers with me :o)! It melts my heart!
2nd Kate is now 20 months! She is talking a LOT and finally starting to put more and more words together! There are a lot of "umms.." while she's thinking but they always follow a story of something that has happened (or not :o> ) earlier in the day. For example, I'll ask Kate how was her day at school, and she'll say "umm......time out." Then I'll ask who and she'll say one of the other kids names and floor. So all we can piece together is that someone did something on the floor and had to go to timeout. :o> Who knows if any of its true but, its pretty fun to listen to how her thoughts come together.
My favorite thing now is that Kate is attempting to sing the alphabet and count to 11. She is pretty good at both but some strands of letters get moved around and sometimes her numbers go straight into her letters "7...8...9..j..k..l..m..n..o...p"! I know we need to get this on tape before it ends.

Kate continues to help me bake all sorts of things. The minute she sees me go for my apron she grabs a kitchen chair pushes it to me and points to her apron saying "apron". She's my partner in crime in the kitchen and I LOVE it! (Check out her attire, beaded necklace, jammy top, diaper, Dora socks, and Auburn apron, Priceless!)
Also, we've had some big news in our house..Francisco got initiated into the Spanish Honor Society at North Georgia! He works incredibly hard at school and I know that this was not an easy task for him, so I am SUPER Proud!
Finally, another exciting thing is that Kate's potty training is going AWESOME! Kate started showing interest in potty training back in May and Kate is having more successes each and every day. I couldn't resist attaching a few shots of Kate in her Elmo panties. Panties, stickers, and washing hands seems to be Kate's greatest rewards in the whole process! I can't wait for the savings of no more diapers! :o)

Wishing you all a VERY Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!
(This picture is from Thanksgiving 08, Kate's dress still fits with a few alterations from Abu so stay tuned for Thanksgiving 09 pictures soon!).

1 comment:

Hilary Berman said...

What a cutie pie with those big girl panties (and cooking in her apron and diaper) so cute. I am jealous. Hailey is dragging her feet with the potty training. It's like she knows it's the one thing she can totally control and she doesn't want to let go. Frustrating! Love her Thanksgiving dress too - how beautiful. Hope you're well!