Monday, August 24, 2009

Growing Up Before our eyes!

Kate back at the end of April. This dress was a little big and at her knees.
(You can't tell from the picture but it was longer and looked big)

This past Friday, Kate is in the same dress which is a bit too short now. Its about an inch and a half above her knee! I can't wait to find out how much she's grown at her 18 month check up!

Kate is officially 17 months (she was on the 10th) and will be 18 months in a few short weeks. I think I can say this is one of my favorite ages so far. I loved them all and its hard to say one more than the next but watching Kate learn is one of the MOST exciting things for me. Maybe its the teacher in me...or the fact that so much is just Kate learning and its never what I expect when I expect it. For example, Kate has ABC and 123 Sesame Street flash cards. She LOVES to scatter them, kick them, and yell out the character names that are on them. As for learning their true purpose...she's not all that into it. I never want her to hate learning so if Kate's not into something we give up after a minute or so. As we near 18 months though Kate has truly been growing and learning like CRAZY! Her latest discoveries include a few letters: A, P, and O. Why these...I sincerely don't know but she picks them out from her cards, points them out from her bathtub letters, and even points them out on other people's t-shirts! I'm dying for her to sing the ABC's but for now she could care less. Kate also knows the colors blue, green, and brown spot on. Yellow is pretty frequent and the others seem to be hit or miss. We have been 'losely' potty training since Kate expressed interest around the end of May. On days when Kate's home all day we typically have at least one success a day. I will get more persistent as Kate gets older but for now, I'm not worried. I read somewhere that one key part of potty training is self dressing and for now Princess Kate would rather we dress her. Kate is saying and doing new things literaly every day. I love being her mommy and just had to share my excitement with all of you. Wishing you a great week. ~MicheleShowing off what a priss she is, Kate loves "glasses", "bay slit" (braclets) and "tickers". She was thrilled with the new chair from Grandma and Grandpa too!Trying mommy's big girl shoes! :o>

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's amazing huh?? I can't believe how fast they grow. She's TOO CUTE!